Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Erin & Mike...Engaged! (Part 2)

Ok, so here's the image-heavy post about one of my favorite sessions, hands down. :) These are the beach ones, the part of the session that I absolutely adored! And for anyone that thinks going to a beach would be flat and boring... no way, josé ! There are always a few basic things to photograph wherever you go, and just being on the beach is awesome. But I have to confess here that I have yet another obsession when I shoot and that is creating layers in my pictures (another lesson learned from Carla Ten Eyck!).

I look for anything to shoot on or with, of course - like the playground, on the lifeguard chair, in front of the grass... and we do that, but I also look for these things as objects to shoot through. If you get behind these things and put people in front of them - bam! - you create a whole new way of looking at the scene by pulling another layer into your pictures, way more interesting when you are creating a whole collection... with the things that you can shoot through... fences, grass, stairs - you can take that beach and multiply your options tenfold! :)

Of course, emotion was the star with these two... may times all I had to do was walk around them and snap away, watching one of the cutest couples just enjoy each other.

Enjoy Part 2 of the incredibly gorgeous and in-love Erin and Mike. 

































2 comments:

my stay-at-home-momma drama said...

Wowza, girl! You are getting seriously good. Anyone can take a picture but it takes a photographer to capture a moment. You absolutely did that in these pictures. As I was looking at these, I kept saying, "That one is my favorite. No, that one is my favorite. No, that one is my favorite!!" Wow. Wow. Wow. You rock!

mima said...

Ditto!

Other Posts to Check Out...

Related Posts with Thumbnails