Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Erin and Jimmy E-Shoot

Ok, so it's been awhile! I want to share my very first professional shoot results with you guys here - even though "professional" may mean with our good friends and it was really only practice. Shhh! It was a good first dip into the world of directing photo sessions, and I must admit I was hesitant that I would be able to do it. Even though Erin is our close friend, I still had worries of feeling like I wouldn't be able to direct well enough to get good shots, not be able to strike the balance between bossy and indecisive. :)

See, dogs and kids - especially your own - you just kind of... follow. And take shots here and there - more candid. Truly candid. Adults... you direct to make it look candid! A whole different ball game! But, I feel good about this one, I got through it and now know that I can do it - and want to do more of it! I want this to be my true following, and I think this was another sign along that path.

Thanks again, Erin and Jimmy for letting me find that out on you guys!

They got married a week and a half ago, and I wanted them to be comfortable with me posting these pictures....since they had a lot on their plates - I waited until this week to ask, after coming home from their honeymoon - hope you had a great time, Mr. and Mrs P!

This will be a first in many posts, check back every day for more... I have a lot I need to share!

We started out on the steps:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorites: You can see so much of one's personality in their shoes - I LOVE shoe shots!
Photobucket

Then we moved to the open grass to try for some with a cute picnic feel - I was forever chasing the light - I didn't want to miss the warm sun setting, but we were a tad too early. Great light anyway, though still bright, so we improvised with an umbrella. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And in color - the POP of the umbrella and her gorgeous eyes were too much not to include!
Photobucket

Photobucket

eternal dilemma once again: I liked this one in color too:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Other Posts to Check Out...

Related Posts with Thumbnails