Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Peek of Stephanie's Beautiful Belly

I did this maternity session a year ago. Yes, a year ago. :) It was one of my first shoots EVER - and I was so scared/pressured/honored that my sister's friend Stephanie would let me do this for her. Really, scared first and foremost - How do I pose? What do I say? Will I get any good shots? I am such a dork and socially challenged that I stumbled my words and kind of just pointed a lot. :)

BUT, I think there is almost nothing as beautiful as a glowing pregnant woman - and this beautiful pregnant woman was going to be my subject to practice on! That means I was excited too; to have 2 beautiful lives to photograph and their already close relationship. I have to say that I was very lucky she was such a natural in front of the camera, since I had no idea how to pose a person yet - let alone a person who was growing another human being. :)

I still struggle with this, but on that day, I was so quiet and introspective, I was kind of so lost in the process that I would forget to talk! Oh, poor Stephanie, and I thank her from the bottom of my heart for being such an amazing, teaching and expressive model. I learned so much from that shoot - not to be so lost in my head, to remember to express what I am seeing and feeling to encourage natural expressions and movements. There was much to learn in post processing as well - so this shoot was a wonderful part of the beginning for me. This is just a teaser - there were so many I ended up liking from the session that I would like to share a bunch over the next few days!



No comments:

Other Posts to Check Out...

Related Posts with Thumbnails