Friday, November 21, 2008

Phase 2 - Post Processing

Hi everyone!

I know it's been a while since I have posted any learning...B landed in the hospital for a few days and all three have been sick forever! I have a few more lesson pics I need to get up, but I really think I am ready to move on... I have learned and have been practicing the camera in manual mode, and I think I am pretty comfortable with it. I have been able to play with some very cool creative techniques as well. It's time! Cross Phase 1 off my list!

Now, on to Phase 2!! Learn everything there is to know about Photoshop and its Actions. Basically, learn how to fix, enhance, change and save photos with any kind of post processing out there. This is going to take a while...

Adding textures is my first self-imposed lesson, and as you can see by the new textural header pic, I am a work in progress. I plan to add other pics to the sides, to cover some of it up, maybe add a few paw prints, etc... so it will get better as I get better...I hope. ;) I added a mossy tree bark texture behind Cody, but I'm not sure it was the best one to pick. Oh, well. I have to start somewhere...Stay with me!

By the way, some of the phases will overlap...such as Phase 3. I will be embarking on that this week, long before Phase 2 is complete. Just FYI, in case you were wondering. ;) I have two pretty horses lined up, a grouchy, yet sweet cat with attitude, and two very rambunctious black dogs. All challenges I am hoping to overcome; black dogs are tough to capture, being so dark their features get lost easily, two active dogs is a challenge, a cat with attitude - any explanation needed?, and horses intimidate the heck outta me. I love them, I think they are the most gorgeous creatures on this Earth...but wow, they are big...and I never know what they are thinking. All very good lessons and practice sessions for me. I'm excited!

Later today, I will post some of the pics I have been promising...the Light! The Action!

No comments:

Other Posts to Check Out...

Related Posts with Thumbnails